Baptist Nurses Top Awards During Annual Nightingale Awards Banquet
Tuesday, March 7, 2017
The 2017 Nightingale Awards, hosted by the Mississippi Nurses Association and Mississippi Nurses Foundation, was held on Monday, March 6, at the Downtown Marriott in Jackson.
The Nightingale Awards honors exceptional service in the nursing and healthcare industry here in Mississippi. This year, Baptist nominated 12 outstanding individuals and teams in these fields and of those 12, 7 were awarded as winners.
These outstanding award winners and nominees include:
- Elizabeth C. Lishman, BSN, RN-BC - Impatient Clinical Practice Nurse of the Year
- William "Bill" Stolzfus, BSN, RN, CCRN, CEN - Nurse Educator of the Year
- Roselynn Middleton, MSN, RN, NE-BC, Nurse Manager of the Year
- Cassanda L. Courtney, MSN, RN, CCRN - Nurse Mentor of the Year
- Meagan M. Roberts, BSN, RN-BC - Nurse Preceptor of the Year
- Ron Permenter, ADN, RN, CBN - Outpatient Clinical Practice Nurse of the Year
- Bobbi Ford, MSN, RN-BC - Nurse of Distinction Award
Baptist Nominees included:
- Regina C. Thompson, MSN, RN, CRNA - Nominee, Advanced Practice Nurse of the Year
- Sheila Friedmann, BSN, RN - Nominee, Nurse in Non-Traditional Setting of the Year
- Blake Kennedy, BSN, RN - Nominee, Nurse Rookie of the Year
- Case Management Discharge Planning Team, Nominee, Nurse Team of the Year
- Gloria Thompson, RN, Nominee, Outstanding Community Achievement Award.